What you wear on your corporate photo shoot is an important factor in how your image is portrayed. Most corporate headshots consist of navy, black, white or gray backdrops. It could be tricky knowing what to wear to give yourself a contrast from that backdrop and still look good. Here are tips to help both men and women prepare:
- Bring at least 2 tops. Try a variety of necklines. It's better to have more options than not enough.
- Avoid loud prints such as paisley, animal or checkered; stick to solid colors or miniscule patterns.
- Against the navy, black, white or gray backdrops; jeweled colors work best with most skin tones such as fuschia, red, purple, green, yellow, maroon, royal blue and ivory (not white)
- When layering on a blazer, create a separation from the dark back drops with light gray, black or beige colors.
- If you will be shot on a white backdrop, use the same guidelines except do not wear a white top or blazer as they will cause you to blend into the backdrop.
- If your photos consist of full body shots, apply the same guidelines to your dresses. Two piece ensembles should be very polished and well tailored to fit your body. But, do wear a garment that makes you feel attractive.
- Keep your jewelry to a minimum in small scale, so that you do not distract attention from yourself.
- Do not try compensate by wearing deep plunge necklines.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Ladies, who may prefer to wear a fantastic pair of heels to complete your outfit; bring an extra pair of flats you can walk with.
- When considering clothing choices, textured fabrics can look terrific in a headshot.
- Avoid choosing baggy clothing or going up a size. Your clothes should be tailored to fit properly.
- Against the navy, black, white or gray backdrops; Your button up shirts in the following colors will help you stand out:
- Light gray, ocean blue, pastel blue, purple, ivory, deep red, green
- Layering is a plus for the men; For example: blazers over collared shirts, plus ties / bowties. When doing so, create a separation from the dark back drops with gray, navy or pencil lines
- If you will be shot on a white backdrop, use the same guidelines except do not wear white shirts or beige blazers as they will cause you to blend into the backdrop.
- Complement your upper half with flat front pants and trousers. Reminder, they should be tailored to fit properly if you are having a full body shot taken.
- Wear matching dress shoes in case full body shots will be taken.
When you book your corporate headshot, you may feel you need further assistance with getting your image to look your best. Do inquire with us about hiring a wardrobe stylist and a makeup + hair artist. We'll be happy to refer you to a few of our best!
Give your corporation or business the pro look! Miami headshots is offering larger scale headshots at very competitive rates. Get in contact with us to book your headshot session.